Consult Appendix A to Part 110 for an illustrative list of examples. Based on review of this Appendix, does the technology/assistance involve components within or attached directly to the reactor vessel, the equipment that controls the level of power in the core, and/or equipment or components that normally contain or come in direct contact with or control the primary coolant of the reactor core?
If you are unsure whether your item is subject to the DOE/NNSA regulations, please consult Appendix A to Part 110 for an illustrative list of nuclear reactor equipment. You may also consult the Guidance Document, FAQ page, and other relevant documents to see if your question is addressed.
- 10 CFR Part 810 § 810.5 Interpretations
- Part 810 Frequently Asked Questions
- Guidance to the Revised Part 810 Regulation: Assistance to Foreign Atomic Energy Activities
- 10 CFR Part 810 General Information
- Introduction to 10 CFR Part 810
- US Policy Framework for Civil Nuclear Cooperation with China
- Appendix A to Part 110
Final determinations as to export control applicability are made after a full review by the appropriate U.S. Government agency. Use of this Export Compliance Guide does not constitute U.S. Government review, is not DOE/NNSA advice or a determination, and is provided for the user's convenience only.